Herbs need a lot less looking after than vegetables, they look great and they add exciting flavours to your meals!
- Many herbs can be picked for most of the year.
- Or they can be frozen or dried very easily for year round supply.
- Once established (a few months after planting – when their roots have grown into the soil) herbs don’t need lots of water.
- They look good all year round.
- They produce great flowers that insects love too!
- They don’t need much looking after – usually cut back once they’ve flowered.
- There are many websites giving advice if you’re unsure how to look after your herbs.
- Websites for more information: